I'm taking sides.
Like it or not.
I don't think it's going to matter to a bunch of bloggers who don't know me from a hole in the wall anyway.
I think pregnancy is part of infertility.
I think this blog is a reflection of who I am.
If I get pregnant then lucky me, that's who I am. If I lose that pregnancy - same deal.
If I keep that pregnancy.....hey wow, that would be phenomenal.
WHY WOULD SOMEBODY NOT BE HAPPY FOR ME??
Is a live child not the goal of all infertiles?
Do I have to stop reading the blogs of people I like because they managed to grow and birth a child?
No.
Do I have to tailor my posts so that I can keep bloggers
who would not currently be pregnant happy?
NO.
I don't hear anyone saying that Tertia and Julie no longer belong in this "community" because they have live children. Is anyone passing Grrl by because she, her husband and her surrogate are expecting a boy?
No.
If you're going to call out women who are currently pregnant because they post something that hurts YOUR feelings on THEIR blog then at least have the courtesy to apply that to EVERYONE, no matter how high their profile. How fucking naive do you think we are to not see the double standard there?
I already have a child. Maybe that's why I'm not popular with other infertile bloggers. Maybe I should never have started reading those blogs because I don't qualify for membership in the club.
It's too late. I'm in on the fringes and I've made some friends and I'm pissed off that they are hurt right now.
I can tell you there are a few blogs I will not be reading anymore but I don't think those people will even care.

No comments:
Post a Comment