Tuesday, November 09, 2004

It's Tuesday, I'm conscious

Last night was one of the worst nights of my life in terms of physical pain. I've spent most of today in bed waiting for the doc.'s office to call me back and tell me that a five day miscarriage is completely normal. I don't believe it myself but the Registered Nurse on the line from Telehealth Ontario told me that I shouldn't worry unless I'd been bleeding for seven days. Do these people listen to themselves when they talk? Seven &%$# days? So, I wait. Only two more days THEN I can worry. Why can't anything be normal? If the pregnancy couldn't be successful, why couldn't the miscarriage just be normal? I ask too much.

For more reading I pulled out "Our Bodies, Ourselves". It instructed me to capture the fetal matter and afterbirth in a jar so I can take it to the lab. What the hell? Oh the sensitivity.
Back to bed.........

No comments: