Saturday, November 20, 2004

Loooooong hours

So today I work from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and we've, at various times, run out of Pepsi cans, Dr Pepper cans(the injustice !!), pizza, lettuce, and basically everything that makes my world go round. This shopping mall is not big enough for the number of people here today.
I really have nothing to say except hello to my forty loyal fan/friends. I'm feeling shallow and self involved and I'd kinda like to explore that but I'm tired and pissy. Luv U, Lala

oh wait, funny story about Jackson:
There's a reading competition at school. If you read a certain number of pages you get a Silver Certificate, more and you get Gold and Platinum. Maybe there's a Bronze one for the retards underacheivers at the bottom but I can't remember right now. Anyway, I have a bunch of books I've been buying for J over the past few years and now he's ready to read them. They're about a boy named Brian who survives a plane crash in the wilderness at the age of twelve and manages to stay alive despite having no survival skills. He has a good memory for all the books he's read about survival skills . So Brian learns how to hunt, kills a Moose and has to figure out how to get it back to camp. Jackson comes downstairs, all excited because he's completed the book and I ask him "how did Brian get the Moose back to camp?" Guess what he says to me.
He used the deer.
Wha???
I called him on it and he hummed and hawed and twidled his fingers. He finally admitted that he skipped a bunch of pages and hurried up to finish. But how do you use a deer to get a dead Moose back to camp?
At least try to be rational when you lie.
Needless to say he was forced to re-read the entire book.


No comments: