If I could ask for anything in life it wouldn't be money or even to change events as I've known them. I would ask for a Holodeck from the Starship Enterprise. No other concept from movies, television or literature has held my attention or desire quite the way the Holodeck has. Imagine the notion that there exists a place where you can instantly recreate events straight out of your own imagination and memory. What I wouldn't give to go back and relive the moments of happiness and peace I have experienced. Nothing else in my day to day life makes me relax to the same degree as those memories.
Paddling quietly in my canoe at sunset with my favourite music playing softly from my antiquated tape recorder. Sitting on an island in the midday sun on the lake where I grew up. Reliving the overwhelming emotion upon giving birth. And that one incredible weekend in Vermont with the love of my life. Boy, what I wouldn't give to have a Holodeck.

1 comment:
Do you know, I often have the same dream! I LOVE the holodeck. But I think it'd be scary, I might never come out again. Like Harry Potter and the mirror.
Post a Comment