Sunday, October 31, 2004

Candy - gone

I'm a nice mommy, or at least I play on TV. I like to think of myself in fond terms because it helps my self esteem. Tonight though, I was not on my best behavior.
Here's what I do every year and tell me you don't do this yourself: you buy some of the candy YOU like and you buy some of the candy your SPOUSE likes. You expect to have some left over at the end of the night so you can enjoy it at your leisure. The kid can go get his own from all 106 of your neighbors, right? Not so much.
Jackson and Paul went out and eventually returned with two half full pillowcases of stuff. Pretty good haul for a rainy night. I have a full salad bowl of tootsie pops and lifesaver lollies(that I like) at the door but it's been a slow night so I expect I'll have plenty left. Jackson takes over door duty and maybe it rings twice while we're watching TV. I go back down to the front door to see what it's like outside and find there's nothing left! Turns out Jackson doesn't understand the concept of "Mommy Candy" and gave handfuls of the stuff away to the last five kids who came to the door. *%$#&** I was not pleased. Tomorrow will find me pillaging his pillowcases to satisfy my sweet tooth.

You may be asking yourself "What of the candy that was purchased for the spouse?" Ah, yes. I bought him two bags of Maynards wine gums and a bag of Bubblegum pops. He opened the gum pops and gave a few to kids who came to the door after I went to my mother's to give her her birthday present of 10 lbs. of her favourite chocolate and put the rest of it away in a safe place. (sorry for sentence length)
He lost nothing, I lost everything.
And before anybody gets started, yes, I'm grateful to have a son and grateful to be pregnant but don't tell me that I have to be nice about it all the time.

No comments: