Scamwiches: my saving grace during the time we spent in Turku. Our hotel, the Ramada, put on a terrific spread every morning from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m. and I am a BIG eater so I was very happy about everything I could eat. There were eggs, hot cereal, sausages, fruit, little Swedish pancakes, brie and last but NOT least, sandwich fixings. Oh, thank G-D for those sandwich fixings.
Every day I had to get myself to tourney central, a 20 minute walk, usually in time to bus out to some out of the way field in time for a 9 a.m. game. Every day I had my trusty scamwich with me for lunch. Two pieces of the most wonderful wheat bread, some ham or turkey, a nice light cheese, cucumber slices and the coupe de grace, Finnish mustard. Did I mention there was never any food available at any of these fields? Scamwich - The best sandwich I ever had in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment