Sometimes I have vivid dreams in the extra hour of sleep between when my husband leaves and my son wakes me up to tell me he's going to school. I find that strange that I could dream when I've only been asleep for a few minutes.
This morning's dream was about "them" coming for "us". I don't know who they were except that the one who managed to "capture" me was the actor who plays Leo McGarry on the West Wing. They weren't the Nazi's but we were definitely the Jews. In the last part of the dream I was working in a walled courtyard, which was in downtown Ottawa just off Lisgar St., and I opened the wooden door to take delivery of some food and saw my 12 yr old son standing there in a grey prison uniform with a shackle on his foot. I started to howl and ran back to the the other side of the yard because I couldn't say or do anything to stop it. A little later McGarry came in and sat down at a table and started to ask questions about the owner. I overheard him refer to the owner by some multi-syllabic name and I knew that he was Jewish too. At some point I resigned myself to fate and walked over to him. I asked him why he was rounding up the Jews and what I had ever done to him personally. He said I had done nothing personal and as he stood up he was smiling that I had given myself up. That's when I woke up.

No comments:
Post a Comment