Cecily's post on loving Charlie has me in the mood to re-examine my current relationship.
I call my marriage my current relationship because I'm not sure about the happily ever after bit.
I've put together a set of lists that may help me illustrate my point:
Things I have gained since getting married:
a pregnancy
weight(enough to build a small toddler)
a stepson
a trip to Finland to watch Canadian Ultimate players dominate at Worlds
Things I have lost:
a pregnancy
self esteem
self respect
sleep(way too much)
my sense of self
touch with my son
The scale does not tip favourably as you can see.
The last time I lost my sense of self was when my son was born and I was so focused on baby that popular culture passed me right by. To this day I have no appreciation for Nirvana.
When I lie in bed at night and I feel like crying because I've made this enormous mistake I tend to comfort myself with thoughts of my childhood home and the story of the love of my life.
I think when I can get back to blogging on Monday I will tell those stories.

No comments:
Post a Comment