I feel like I've been faking infertility these past few years. I never had any miscarriages or IVF treatments. I saw a fertility specialist a few times, had a few weird tests that I'd like not to have to repeat. They found what they found, took it out and I kept on going. What they found wasn't even related to fertility so it doesn't count. Here I am, after two years of "Secondary Infertility" with no obvious cause, wondering if I had any right to think of myself as such in the first place.
I've followed the pain and torture of some of the Infertility Blogs and I've suffered none of it myself. Even Julie endured infertility treatments in both Canada and the U.S. so I was pretty close to someone putting their body and sanity on the line and I'm not sure I understood the pain at all. Families who have to come to terms with creating or enlarging their families through adoption are suffering and I can't sympathise because adoption will never be an option for my family. I just wonder what I'm doing checking out places like Chez Miscarriage every day when I'm realize that we don't have infertility in common and I don't have anything to offer in the way of support like other women going through the same things.

1 comment:
You do have infertility in common. There are no queens and subjects, there are simply many types of infertility and many gradations and shades to pain. Yours are as valid and, surely, pervasive as anyone else's.
Post a Comment