Saturday, October 30, 2004

The Ring Story

Paul has never asked me to marry him.
I wish I could be more romantic, I wish he had asked me and I could look back fondly on that memory but it never happened. What did happen was my mother referring to him as her son when we were out in public and so we figured that it was inevitable. Later that nightI sat in his lap and asked him to marry me. He laughed and said yes because he didn't think I was serious but I was. Marriage is very important to him, me-not so much, but I wanted him to be happy. I took his yes seriously and went about the planning. I planned and planned and planned. I found the awful dress, never lost the weight and, in the blink of an eye, it was done.
Now I'm a Mrs. Mom, Stepmom, Pregnant infertile.

About the ring:
We found this jewewlry designer at the "famous" christmas craft fair in Toronto last November. We found a "sort of" style we could agree on and Paul placed an order. When the ring arrived a few weeks later it was disgusting and totally unacceptable. I had a phone discussion with the designer, trying to explain clean lines and tension settings and he sent a mock-up for me to look at. It looked a lot better and the real ring finally arrived the day before the wedding via Fedex.

I totally need more romance in my life.

2 comments:

Mrs. D. said...

Thanks for joining in the parade of rings!!!!!

Romance can be over rated... it sounds like you and Paul have the real deal!

Lala said...

You're welcome. And thank you for coming by.
I hope it get's bigger and better and in five or ten years we can all show our family rings.