Friday, October 22, 2004

Sorry

I've been in bed for the past couple of days valiantly trying to stop this infernal bleeding.
Last night, after too much activity retrieving stepson from far away airport, I found the bleeding heavier and went to bed as quickly as I could after C.S.I.(unsatisfying episode).
Needless to say I didn't get much sleep as I lie there anticipating what I think must be the inevitable outcome of the amount of blood loss I have suffered, a miscarriage. I waited for pain, I waited for twinges, I waited to double over and crawl to the bathroom but none of that happened. I don't know what to think after six full days of bleeding.

I found this on the internet:
About one quarter of pregnant women have some amount of spotting or bleeding in early pregnancy, and about half of these women miscarry. But if you have an ultrasound that shows a heart beat between 7 and 11 weeks, your chances of continuing the pregnancy are greater than 90 percent.

Them's some good odds!

3 comments:

Lioness said...

I hope the bleeding will stop soon and you'll be able to just enjoy it.

Lala said...

Thank you. I appreciate the thought, I hope you're sleeping well.

Anonymous said...

just stumbled into your site via a comment on Genuine, and wanted to say I have 4 kids, and bled up to 18 weeks with all of them. good luck :)