Saturday, January 15, 2005

I don't like you

There, I said it. I have trouble thinking that, let alone saying it. Much like others have trouble saying no, I have trouble disliking people.
I found a blogger I dislike today and I find that strange. It's easy enough to find blogs you dislike but this was different. After reading this person's entire blog(only a few months worth) I found I did not like them. I found them through the blog of a blog; I would say friend of a friend but really it wasn't like that at all.
I like to go blogs that are three and four removed from the blog I started out with. Does that makes sense? I just keep on linking to blogs that I think have interesting names and keep going and going.
Enough about how I got there, I like to think that just by virtue of blogging I would like a person but that is not always the case.

What I did not like:
-gratuitous references to the sexuality of a bunch of friends (I don't care if their gay, bi or non-sexual, do you have to refer to them as cute lesbian friends? Is this supposed to make us think you're cool?)
-this blogger admitted to not being able to stand needles, doctors or anything of that nature so they decide not to go with natural childbirth but to adopt.
-they ended up with a mixed race baby just like the one I should have in my arms

So maybe I'm jealous that this person never had to give birth, struggle with miscarriage, have her boobs droop to her navel and she ended up with a baby just like the one I don't have.


Ok, it also bugged me that she was so white bread, middle American but seemed to think she was edgy because she had short, spiky, dyed hair and was friends with Lesbians.
No offense intended to other white bread, middle Americans who do not take themselves THAT seriously.

Ok, and another thing.....we went to Price Club to get dog food the other day and there were lots of little mocha babies around and it depressed me.

I guess I'm wearing it all right on my sleeve today.

No comments: