Allright already.
Where do you go in your head when you need to relax?
When I'm lying in bed, trying to sleep, I go to the lake and get out my old, green, cedar canoe and I put my little tape recorder down and push off from the beach.
So many times I have done this that I have lost count.
I grew up in the bush; moved to the city at the age of six to be with my mother full time. Went back every summer until I was 20.
I want to go back for good.
The place where I grew up is for sale. It's been a year since my grandfather died and his wife has kids of her own in Hawaii and probably doesn't want to live there alone.
I do.
Since I could think, since I could DREAM, I wanted to live there.
Raise my kids there. (hah, g-d laughed twice on that one)
So what do I do?
My current business is not successful in any meaningful way.
I have no clout at the bank.
I'm stumped.
Actually, that's not true. I have one idea and it's scary.
So that's where I sit right now, scared as hell but very excited.
Kind of like Jimmy Smits' Matt Santos
He's looking for voters, I'm looking for investors.
That's where I'll leave it for now.................

No comments:
Post a Comment