Seeing as there may be people visiting I thought I'd clean up a bit. Maybe tell a funny story to liven up the joint.
When my son was three years old we lived with a roomie named Roy. We had an old school answering machine that actually used a tape to record messages. That's really all the background you need right there.
One morning, say 8:30 ish, I'm taking a shower with the door closed. Jackson is wandering around the apartment doing whatever it is that three year olds with free time do. The phone rings. Jackson picks it up but not before the answering machine starts up.
The conversation goes like this:
J: "Hewo"
Man: "Hello, is Roy there?
J: "Roy at werk"
Man: "Ok, thank you very much"
Man hangs up
J: "Mummy in de baff"
Silence
J again, a little louder:" Mummy in de Baff!"
More silence
J very loudly and with much anger due to the fact that he thinks he's being ignored:" MUMMY IN DE BAFF!!!"
Me, come screaming down the hallway: "WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO??????"
yep, all caught on tape!
Maybe you had to be there.........

No comments:
Post a Comment