Monday, January 10, 2005

I need a new drug

So, about Strattera.....they sell it for adults too. Oh lucky me.

For the past 30 years I've been describing myself as having 6 tv screens in my head. When having conversations I often jump around and go off on tangents. I used to try to explain it using the tv analogy and most people could understand that. Today I'm at home watching "Today" and a commercial for Strattera comes on. Of course I'm intrested because I want to try it on my son instead of the Ritalin.
How does Strattera/Lilly describe Adult ADD?
Like have different tv screens in your brain and losing the remote.

They stole my line!

When I was a kid tvs didn't have remotes so that was never part of my equation but I envisioned a hidden control centre like the one where they do the news at the tv station.

Anyway, Strattera - sounds like it has a lot of the same symptoms as Ritalin and that's a bummer. I was hoping for fewer side effects. More growing, more eating, less zombie like behavior. I may try it myself to see.

No comments: